Home staging or how to sell your flat faster
July 14, 2021
What is home staging?
The concept of Home Staging refers to making the most of a property that is for sale or rent by means of techniques to improve the image of the flat or house and thus attract the attention of possible interested parties and make the rental or sale faster.
Home Staging originated in the United States and arrived in Spain as a result of the real estate crisis in which we found ourselves with the situation of having many flats for sale and few buyers.
If you are interested in more information about this concept you can visit the following link.
How does home staging work?
The basis of home staging is to depersonalize the property to give it neutrality and thus be able to attract many more potential buyers. Organised, comfortable, clean and well-lit spaces are created, creating an atmosphere that facilitates a positive decision by the potential buyer.
One of the main benefits of home staging is that it can be applied to all types of properties such as offices, premises, new homes, second hand homes…
Home Staging in numbers
- 90% of buyers cannot imagine the potential of a property if it is empty.
- Homes that are home staged sell between 65% and 85% faster.
- 94% of potential clients search for properties online.
Home Staging techniques that can be applied to your flat
- Depersonalise the space. It is very important to be aware that you do not have to decorate the flat. Decoration is personal whereas home staging seeks to create neutral spaces so that anyone can imagine themselves living in your flat.
- Neutral furniture. In home staging, less is more. Apply it in all the rooms of the flat.
- All white. It is the brightest colour and the one that looks best through a screen and in many cases also in person.
- Tidiness. It is very important not to overload the spaces and to have all the objects tidy, if possible do not leave objects of a personal nature such as figures or photographs.
- Pay special attention to the points of the house such as the balcony, the terrace, the bathrooms…
Other Home Staging options
If you start from an empty flat and you do not want to or cannot make an investment in furniture and other elements to create an optimal atmosphere, there are two alternatives to home staging:
- Cardboard furniture. There are companies that are dedicated to making cardboard furniture just to recreate scenes in empty flats and be able to make photo shoots of more attractive spaces.
- Renderings. Create a virtual space that allows you to visualize the final result of the house without making any investment.
Finally, if you want to sell your flat, but without any worries, we can take care of it! At Espígul Real Estate we have more than 30 years of experience in the real estate sector where we accompany you throughout the process of buying or selling your home.
If you are thinking of selling your home, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call us on 972 220 110.