To rent or to sell, that is the question.
October 14, 2022
Advantages of selling:
- If you need to have liquidity because you have a project in mind such as moving house, starting a business, paying off debts… and you want to have the money in the short term without having to resort to mortgages or loans, selling your property is an good option.
- If your property is a second residence and you want to forget about any debt such as the mortgage, debts with the community, taxes… among others.
- Not worrying about renting the house or flat and having to deal with several tenants or even the possibility of them occupying the home.
- Avoid problems with inheritance. If the property comes from an inheritance, the best option is always to sell, especially if there is more than one heir.
- Get financial advantages in case you want to invest to buy another home.
As you can see, selling your property offers several advantages that can improve your quality of life, but it is also a decision that can lead to some inconvenience:
Disadvantages of selling:
- Loss of assets. It is possible that in the future you will find yourself in a complicated situation and it will be good for you to resort to this property to go and live. That is why you must analyze well if it is the best time to sell.
- Selling a house involves several expenses that you will have to face if you end up making this decision. Cancellation of the mortgage in case you still have it, property change taxes, and the sale process itself.
Advantages of rent:
- You own a property. You will always have it available and it provides long-term security. At the same time you can also use it as collateral if you ever need financing.
- Fewer papers. Making a rental contract is much simpler and faster than organizing all the papers that the sale of a property requires.
- Cost effectiveness. If it is not a good time to sell because prices are below the market, having a rental apartment can help to revalue the property.
Disadvantages of rent:
- Possibility of having bad tenants. Although this cannot be known or decided, it is the risk assumed when renting a home.
- Seasonal rental. You have to consider the possibility that there are seasons that you have the property without renting.
And now comes the big question, which is better? Well, it depends on the casuistry of each one.
Better to sell if: you need a good amount of money in the short term or you do not have the time or inclination to deal with tenants.
It is better to rent if: you want to have your property in the future, you want to make a profit or if you want to leave it as an inheritance.
In summary, both options are good and you must assess your needs to finish making the decision.
At Inmobiliaria Espígul we are specialists in the rental and sale of real estate. Whatever your final decision, you can count on us and our professionals will advise and accompany you throughout the process.
We are a real estate agency with added value, since we seek to make the process of buying or selling a property quick and easy, which is why we offer:
Premium advertising: The flats advertised with Espígul are in the highest positions on Internet portals such as Habitaclia, Idealista, Fotocasa… with unique and exclusive advertising for your property. In addition, we also work with offline media such as El Punt Avui or Diari de Girona, reference newspapers in Girona.
Follow-up: At Espígul we like to accompany you throughout the process of selling your property. We assign you a real estate advisor, we carefully monitor your needs and we give all of this an extra plus with your own space on our website where you can receive reports and statistics and be in permanent contact with your personal advisor.
Trust and guarantee: One of the essential requirements before choosing a real estate agency is trust. We want you to be able to enjoy the sales process without added problems and headaches. The Espígul team is committed to advising and supporting you so that you can meet your sales objective with resounding success.
If you want to sell rent your flat or house quickly and effectively, Inmobiliaria Espígul is your trusted real estate agent in Girona. If you are thinking of selling or renting your house, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 972 220 110.