How much does it cost to build a custom home?
February 17, 2022
How can I get my own house?
If you’ve always dreamed of building a custom home, this post is for you. The first step to build a house is to buy a plot of land that meets the requirements of a house. As a general rule, the plots will have a maximum buildable area.
Before buying a plot of land to build the house, it is necessary to take into account its limitations and characteristics. The ideal is to consult an architect with experience in the area, since he will be able to guide you. If you do not have land, remember that our real estate agency Espígul can help you, since we have land, both for purchase and rent, where you can build your custom home and start your project.
Regarding the price of the land, it depends on the square meter and the location. Buying a plot of land near a big city is not the same as buying it in an almost uninhabited area.
Once the base project has been identified, it is time to apply for a building permit. When you apply for a permit, you must pay the fee and pay the building, installation and construction taxes (ICIO). The taxes vary from city to city, but are usually around 4% of the budget shown in the base line item of the down payment (estimate of the cost of building the house). This is not an easy question to answer because there are many variables that affect the price of a home. Therefore, this point is best left to architects and quantity surveyors, as they know the local regulations and taxes associated with all phases of home construction.
How much does it cost to build a house?
This is not an easy question to answer, as there are many variables that can affect the price of a house. As a general rule, when talking about the price of building a house, experts refer to the price per square meter built, with taxes and permits already added to the final budget.
Another aspect that determines the quality of any building is its structure. The cost of the construction of the structure of the house, also depending on the price of the foundation, can be in an intermediate point between 300 and 400 € per square meter.
When building a house we can opt for a multitude of designs and types of architecture, such as:
- Prefabricated houses: Depending on the manufacturing materials and other specific issues, prices for prefabricated house construction usually start from 700 EUR/m², but can be found from 200 EUR/m² to more than 1,000 EUR/m².
- Modern architecture houses: As a reference, the price of a modern construction house is 112,000 EUR (VAT included), about 85 square meters.
- Rustic houses: The average price of these rustic constructions is around 150,000 euros for a house of 100 square meters.
- Ecological houses: The average price of these ecological constructions is around 150,000 euros for houses of 80 square meters.
In Espígul we offer a wide variety of custom homes for those who want to change space or looking to acquire a higher level than a traditional home. A selection that ranges from 140.000€ to 320.000€ and up. Below we detail the type of houses we offer:
- Tomillo house: This house from 140.000 € will allow you to enjoy your home with controlled costs and as always, prioritizing insulation and energy savings that all this entails. It has a total of 100 m² and includes 3/4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- The Romaní house: It is the flagship brand of the house and the best-selling model from 225,000 €. If you want your future home to have large spaces, natural openings with lots of light and high quality finishes, this is your home. It has 160 m² living space, 35 m² double garage and 200 m² total, 3/4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- The Caléndula house: Another level for those who are looking for something more than a conventional home. This house with 200 m² living space, 100 m² subway with garage, 300 m² total, 4-5 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms and is available from 320.000€.
- The Lavand house: You can’t leave this article without hearing about our premium line. The jewel in the crown and the best seller of PGA Catalunya Resort, villas where you can enjoy a paradisiacal environment (https://www.espigul.com/ca/promo-18). A house adapted to your needs, with surfaces over 400 m² and 100% customizable.
You can also opt for our developments in different locations such as Sant Gregori, Fornells de la Selva, Vilablareix and Bolvir, a wide variety of houses of the highest quality and innovative design built on plots, ready to move in from 430,000 €!
For more information, please contact us.