What to do in your home before you go on holiday?
July 14, 2022
What to do before going on holiday?
- Turn off the water and gas tap.
- Unplug appliances connected to the mains such as televisions, Internet, microwaves… This will save energy and avoid any problems that may arise.
- Clean household appliances so that there are no food leftovers that could lead to headaches when you return.
- Throw away and clean the rubbish before you leave: this way you will avoid bad smells when you get home.
- Empty the fridge.
- Don’t pull the blinds all the way down: this will make it look like someone is living inside.
- Set the lights, radio or television to run for a few hours, so it will look like the house is not empty.
- Leave clothes on, it will look like you are about to arrive.
- Do not leave jewellery or money in sight, anything of value should be well hidden or in a safe.
- Leave all the clothes clean: when you get home from your holiday, you don’t want to have to clean all the luggage and dirty things that were left behind a few days ago.
- Make sure the house is locked and protected.
- Ask friends, relatives or neighbours to look after property that needs maintenance, such as plants. You can also leave the house keys with them so that they can check that everything is in good condition and that there are no problems, or the car keys so that they can move it.
Remember that it is important to have a good home insurance policy, take a look at our last post, where we detail what types of insurance there are and what they cover.
If you are looking for a property near the sea and the coast to spend the hottest days of the year, in Espígul we offer you different options. Click here to see the properties available in Begur, one of the most beautiful villages on the Costa Brava.