Tips for enjoying your terrace without mosquitoes
August 19, 2021
With the arrival of summer and rising temperatures, mosquitoes start to make their presence felt. They are comfortable in humid environments and they and their bites are very annoying.
How to keep mosquitoes out of your home in summer
Prioritise cleanliness and hygiene
It is essential to keep an eye on the cleanliness of the terrace and other areas of the house, especially where there is food, as lack of hygiene attracts not only mosquitoes but all kinds of insects such as flies, ants…
Use essential oils with the scent of eucalyptus, lavender, citronella, etc…. They are ideal for repelling insects that appear in summer, seduced by the heat and humidity. They can be used as an air freshener or even directly on the skin in strategic areas.
Citrus and spices, a winning combination
Mixing citrus fruits such as lemon or orange with spices such as cloves, cinnamon or rosemary allows mosquitoes to stay away thanks to the aroma they give off. You can spread this home remedy around the house.
Draughts are very annoying for mosquitoes, if you can generate small draughts inside the house, they will be forced to go outside.
7 mosquito repellent plants you need on your terrace
If you want to keep mosquitoes away naturally, you can do so with anti-mosquito plants, which, as well as being aromatic, have the ability to keep these insects away from your home.
- Citronella, the best known. It is also the most effective at repelling flies and mosquitoes thanks to its lemon scent.
- Lemon basil, a variety of the typical basil we use for cooking, but this one has the ability to repel mosquitoes. It can be grown in a turret or directly in the sun.
- Lemon geranium, a variety of geranium that gives off a distinctive lemon scent and has lilac, pink and white flowers. It needs a lot of sun.
- Rosemary. Another of the most commonly used aromatic plants in the kitchen but also has the ability to repel mosquitoes and other insects such as moths. The most effective way is to burn the leaves, as the smoke it gives off is very annoying for insects.
- Calendula, due to its yellow flowers and orange tones, which give off an intense aroma that keeps mosquitoes away.
Do you want a house with a terrace? New development of new construction Las Terrazas de Sant Gregori
Back to the beginning, holidays, summer night and dinner in the fresh air on your terrace just decorated. What can spoil this special evening? Not having a terrace.
Lately, having an outdoor space such as a terrace is an essential element when buying a new home. If you are looking for a house in Girona or nearby, and you want it to have a terrace, from Inmobiliaria Espígul we present the new development Terrazas de Sant Gregori.
These are flats and ground floor flats with terrace for sale in Sant Gregori, Girona. The new development has flats with two, three and four bedrooms, each with an allocated parking space. There is also the possibility of having a storage room, all in the same building.
At Espígul we are a real estate agency and also a construction company. All our constructions and new build flats are under the umbrella of a great team of experts and also of more than 30 years of experience.
Our constructions are characterised by their minimalist and simple lines. We adapt our new build houses and flats to the environment in order to make the most of the resources it offers. We are based on efficient architecture to achieve environmentally friendly homes with high quality materials.
If you want to know more about this development of new build flats with terrace in Sant Gregori, you can contact us at email@example.com or call us on 972 220 110 and we will explain all the details.