Renting or selling, which is better?
December 16, 2020
If you have a property and you have doubts because you don’t know if it is better to rent it or sell it, you can continue reading this post and get rid of your doubts.
Advantages of SELLING
- If you need to have liquidity to fulfil a project (change your home, start a business, pay off debts…) and you want to have the money in the short term without having to resort to mortgages or loans, selling your property is a good option.
- If your property is a second home and you don’t want to worry about any debt, such as a mortgage, community fees, taxes, etc.
- Don’t worry about renting the house or flat and having to deal with different tenants or even the possibility of them occupying your home and selling the house, one less problem to think about.
- Avoid inheritance problems. If the property comes from an inheritance, the best option is always to sell.
- Get financial advantages in case you want to invest to buy another home.
As you can see, selling your home offers several advantages that can improve your quality of life, but it is also a decision that has some disadvantages.
Disadvantages of SELLING
- Loss of assets. It may be that in the future you will find yourself in a complicated situation and it will be good for you to use this property to go and live. That is why you should analyse carefully if it is the best time to sell.
- Miscellaneous expenses. Selling a house involves different expenses that you will have to face if you end up making this decision. Cancellation of the mortgage if you still have it, taxes on changes in assets, and the sales process itself.
Advantages of RENTING
- You own a property. You will always have it available and it provides long-term security. At the same time you can also use it as a guarantee if you ever need financing.
- Less paperwork. Drawing up a rental contract is much simpler and quicker than having to organise all the paperwork required for the sale of a property.
- Profitability. If it is not a good time to sell because the prices are below the market, having a flat to rent can help to revalue the property.
Disadvantages of RENTING
- Possibility of having bad tenants. Although this cannot be known or decided, it is a risk you take when renting a flat.
- Seasonal renting. You should consider the possibility that there may be seasons when you do not rent your home.
It is better to sell if: you need a good amount of money in the short term or you don’t have the time or desire to deal with tenants.
It is better to rent if: you want to have your home in the future, if you want to make a profit on it, but you don’t have time or if you want to leave it as an inheritance.
In short, both are good options, but you must assess your needs to finish making the decision.
At Espígul Real Estate we specialise in renting, buying and selling property. Whatever your final decision is, you can count on us and our professionals will advise and accompany you throughout the process.
We are a real estate agency with added value and we want the process of buying or selling a property to be quick and easy, that’s why we offer
The flats advertised with Espígul are in the highest positions of the Internet portals such as Habitaclia, Idealista, Fotocasa… with a unique and exclusive advertising for your property. We also work with offline media such as Punt Avui or Diari de Girona, leading newspapers in Girona.
At Espígul we like to accompany you throughout the process of selling your property. We assign you a real estate advisor, we follow up on your needs and we give you an extra bonus with your own space on our website where you can receive reports and statistics and be in permanent contact with your personal advisor.
Trust and guarantee
One of the essential requirements before choosing a real estate agency is trust. We want you to be able to enjoy the sales process without any added problems. The Espígul team is committed to advising you and being by your side so that you can successfully achieve your sales objective.
If you want to sell your flat or house quickly and effectively, Espígul Real Estate is your trusted real estate agency in Girona. If you are thinking of selling your home, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 972 220 110.