Questions to ask before buying.
March 26, 2020
There are many questions when it comes to buying a property. There are so many factors to keep in mind that sometimes some can be overlooked.
Before buying a house or apartment, we must ask ourselves a number of questions in order to find the best option.
- Location is one of the most relevant factors. Depending on the needs of each buyer, one area or another will be prioritized. A family may be more interested in being close to a school, and a young couple finding leisure activities around them.
- The price must be evaluated and the housing, area and environment studied. The prices are usually similar if in the same area and if the house has the same characteristics. That is why before buying, you need to know the real estate market.
- When applying for a mortgage loan, one of two interests must be chosen: at a fixed rate, the same monthly installment is paid throughout the loan or at a floating rate, the payment is in accordance with market conditions.
- The savings needed to buy a home must be at least 20% of the price of the property. These do not cover the mortgage loan. In addition, they have enough to cover the management costs.
The taxes subject to the sale represent an increase in the base price. Knowing and finding out about them will help you pre-calculate.
- Installing and sorting home supplies is a valuable point because efficient installation minimizes energy demand. Therefore, it will be possible to reduce the energy bill each month.
These questions are basic as the first valuation step before you buy a property. However, having good professionals will ensure that the process is clearer and safer. At Espígul our professionals will accompany you throughout the process.