Changing habits at home for a sustainable future
November 25, 2021
Reducing the consumption of plastics and waste in general is essential. Be aware that there is a life beyond plastic packaged products and that it is entirely possible to consume in a more responsible way.
In fact, this year a law came into force that bans the sale of single-use plastics such as straws, cutlery, ear buds…
If you already have plastic products, think about giving them a second life before getting rid of them. It’s about changing the ‘chip’ and getting rid of this unsustainable habit of buying and throwing away.
If you have no choice but to buy a product packaged in plastic (or any other packaging) always remember to recycle it, in order to give it another useful life and avoid polluting our environment.
What are the first habits you can change?
- Don’t use plastic bags in the supermarket. Yes, it is one of the most basic points, but also one of the most integrated in society, just go to any supermarket. To avoid this, try to always carry a cloth bag in your car, your handbag…
- Avoid buying over-packaged products. If there are two products you can buy and one is without plastic, prioritise it.
- Buy in bulk whenever you can. This is the next step, try to go to shops that allow you to buy products without being packaged, there are all kinds of products, you will be surprised!
- At home: improve your heating system (if you want to know which is the most efficient, don’t miss this post), also make sure your electrical appliances are sustainable and have an A+ label.
- Buy KM0 products. Why buy a pear that has travelled from Argentina (with all that entails) if you can buy one that has been planted in Lleida?
Today we are doing a post in collaboration with La Bio de Girona, a shop selling organic and sustainable products in bulk in Girona.
La Bio de Girona
Its aim is to reduce the amount of plastics and toxics that we consume in our daily lives. The useful life of packaging is very long, why throw it away when it can still be used? Why generate more waste? The situation on the planet with the overproduction of plastics is unsustainable and it is in our hands to make small gestures to change this situation.
Their main offer is bulk detergents. All these products are low environmental impact, i.e. non-toxic, biodegradable, animal cruelty-free and vegan. Also, and very importantly, they are KM0, made in Catalonia.
In the shop they have all kinds of detergents: washing machine detergents, fabric softeners, dishwashers (manual and machine), window cleaners, degreasers, bathroom cleaners, floor cleaners, kitchen cleaners… everything you need for household cleaning without any plastic packaging!
In addition to bulk products, they also have articles to carry out cleaning in a more sustainable way:
Cellulose and cotton cloths
Luffa scouring pads
Brushes made of wood and vegetable fibres
Kitchen paper made from 100% recycled raw materials.
One of the most relevant points is that all the articles are 100% biodegradable and are the best alternatives to conventional scouring pads and cloths which, being made of synthetic materials, during their use, release plastic microfibres that end up polluting the seas and consequently our health and that of the environment.
Making a change of habits is much easier with options like these!
Sustainability is one of the pillars of Espígul. In our new constructions we follow criteria to achieve maximum efficiency, taking into account the environment, quality and interior comfort of our homes.
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com or call us on 972 220 110 and we will explain more about efficient and sustainable construction.